On my last my blog post which you can read HERE I wrote about how I damaged my natural hair and mentioned that I plan to FIX the damage!!
The first step to solving a problem is ACCEPTANCE!! DUH!! but prior to knowing that there is a problem, you first have to SPOT or NOTICE the problem, hence me writing this post.
Today I will be sharing some tips on how to know that your hair is damaged or getting there. This is how I knew, so I hope it helps you out.
- hair breakage: I realized my hair was damaged when I touched the ends of my hair one day and it literally just came off. I did not pull or twist it, I simply touched it and off it came.
- lack of moisture: I’ve been natural for a while, so I pretty much know how to keep my 4c hair moisturized. i realized there was a problem when I will follow my normal moisturizing routine and my hair will still stay dry and brittle.
- product build up: One clear evidence that my hair was damaged was when the products I will use would not penetrate into the hair, causing several products to just sit on the hair.
- thin edges: we all know this one too well. I’ve never really had thick edges, but I had edges. Nowadays, its gotten so thin that I can actually touch my scalp. Basically, I’m going bald!
- change in hair texture: I will describe my hair as kinky or type 4c. I noticed my hair was damaged when I saw loose curls at the ends of my hair, which are not typical for my hair type or texture.
These are the major things that I experienced that guided me into knowing that my hair was damaged. I’m sure it isn’t the same for everyone but I’m sure some may find this post useful. Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions if you have them or simply say HEY in the comment section.
If u stumble on this blog and you too have a blog, do let me know so I can check it out!
until next time